All Tax Filers


  • Social security number or tax ID number
  • Spouse's full name and ss/tax ID number
  • Dependent DOB & SS#
  • Childcare records: Fees paid to a licensed day care center or family day care for care of an infant or preschooler. Wages paid to a baby-sitter. Don't include expenses paid through a flexible spending account at work!
  • Amount of alimony paid & ex-spouse's personal information
  • Tax returns from previous years , if possible
  • Charitable Contributions
  • Business EIN number
  • Medical & Health Insurance Expenses and/or Premiums & all appropriate forms (1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C, ECN)  



  • Unemployed 1099-G
  • Self-employed 1099 & all other expenses
  • W-2 forms
  • Records of business income & expenses
  • Records of rental income & expenses
  • Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation
  • Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
  • Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-1099) 
  • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
  • Income from sales of stock or other property (1099-B, 1099-S) 
  • Health Savings Account and long-term care reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
  • Trusts
  • Jury Duty Records
  • Gambling income records & expenses (W-2G)

Unsure of what to bring



  • Forms 1098 or other mortgage interest statements
  • Real estate and personal property tax records
  • Receipts for energy-saving home improvements
  • Cash amounts donated to houses of worship, schools, other charitable organizations
  • Records of non-cash charitable donations
  • Amounts of miles driven for charitable or medical purposes
  • Forms 1098-T from educational institutions
  • Receipts that itemize qualified educational expenses
  • Records of any scholarships or fellowships you received
  • Form 1098-E if you paid student loan interest
  • Employment related vehicle expenses (tolls, mileage, gas, maintenance, license, property tax, interest expense, parking)
  • Receipts for classroom expenses (for educators in grades K-12)
  • Employment-related expenses (dues, publications, tools, uniform cost and cleaning, travel)
  • Form 5498-SA (HSA contributions), Form 5498 (IRA contributions), & all other 5498 series forms (5498-QA, 5498-ESA)
  • Amount paid for preparation of last year’s tax return 
  • Amount of state and local sales tax paid (other than wage withholding)
  • Invoice showing amount of vehicle sales tax paid